So details of SteelCraft, our coming satellite taproom have dropped…thank you, LA Weekly. Growth at Smog City has been fast but organic and the new taproom feels like a continuation of that…we want to reach more consumers, we want to build more brand recognition and we like selling our beer direct because we get to talk about the product and this company we’ve built. We also LOVE watching communities grow up and around a healthy bustling taproom life…so LBC here we come!
In addition to the new taproom, which is slated for opening between Feb and April, we have also amended our CUP in Torrance for extended taproom hours. As the Southbay has seen small craft breweries thrive, the demand for more hours has been heard! We want to continue to build that local support but we also want to become a destination for beer tourism and being open only a few evening hours a week and weekends has made that tough…SO, Torrance in its typical, We Love Small Business(and especially craft breweries) Way has helped us get there…Now the tricky part; with more hours comes the need for more staff…so we’re looking for some new great additions to our team.
Warning! This isn’t going to be easy. We have strict guidelines and expectations. Below is the job listing; if you or someone you know fits the bill, waves their beer geek flag high and loves Smog City- let us know! At Smog City, we don’t just add staff- we build family- so if you’ve got passion and knowledge of the craft beer world, experience in bars or restaurants and want to join us…we’re here with open arms.
Laurie, Porter and the Smog City Team
Smog City Brewing Co.
Job Posting – Beertender
Smog City Brewing Co is looking to add to our taproom staff!
This position requires bar and/or service experience – if you do not have experience you will not be considered for this position.
The ideal candidate is passionate and well educated in craft beer, is able to discuss styles, flavor profiles and respond quickly and with knowledge about craft beer beyond just our taproom. You must possess an extraordinary customer service personality, an insane attention to detail, a ridiculous work ethic, and be a team player. Our taproom staff are in effect brand ambassadors; the front line to the craft consumer. Your roll is to expand their knowledge and appreciation for the industry and educate them on our brand. We value our customers and want them leaving with only good memories of their visit…that’s a significant part of your job. Now the nitty-gritty…
We are a small and nimble team who gets a ton of work done with very few employees. If your idea of working in a brewery is standing around and drinking beer, don’t apply.
Job requirements may include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and serve guests in a polite and respectful manner
- Answer questions and educate guests about Smog City Brewing Co. beer
- Speak intelligently and with knowledge about craft beer in general – Beer Geek preferred!
- Follow all laws as they relate to the serving of alcohol
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Bus and clean tables, bars, chairs and stools, keep restrooms clean and stocked
- Sweep and mop floors as needed
- Wash and restock glassware
- Be available to work mornings, afternoons, nights, and weekends
- Participate in beer festivals and events as needed
- Work special Smog City Brewing events as needed
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Must be in good physical condition and able to maneuver in tight/confined spaces.
- Must be able to walk, sit, stand, and crouch for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and maneuver at least 165 lbs.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line of your email should say: “Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers”
The cover letter should describe why you are interested in the position and why Smog City Brewing Company should consider you.
Established in 2011, Smog City Brewing Co. is a brewer owned and operated craft brewery in Torrance, CA. We are devoted to producing creatively inspired and exceptionally balanced beers; each a celebration of whimsy and independence because to be normal is just that. So join us in embracing Different and enjoy our vast array of quirky quality beers.